Saturday, April 22, 2017

Day 26 - Saturday - 4/22/17 - At Sea to Hososhima, Japan


I awakened a bit early this morning to compose some notes about our shore excursion to a few members of my tour in Hososhima that I've not seen in person over the past few weeks. I delivered those to the office by 7:30am before eating breakfast and attending the interdenominational devotional time.  We did the On Deck for a Cause 10k walk, and attended Dr. Kam's lecture on the history and value of Tai Chi and martial arts.  It was really good.

Just before lunch a Costa cruise ship crossed front of us at a closer distance I was expecting.  Maybe that's the Costa way, but I've never in all of our years of cruising seen a ship cross that close on the high seas.

Captain Jeroen Baijens Q & A session was once again really good with excellent questions being asked by the audience.  Afterwards there was a BBC movie on filming in extreme conditions that I missed the last part of due to catching some viewing the back of my eyeballs time. 

As our granddaughter picked up a cold and spent most of the day in bed, she missed the formal night with us and one of her friends, Megan, and Megan's parents, Ray and Barbara.  While eating dinner, we saw the first wildlife of the trip:  a large school of very small dolphins or porpoises that paced the ship off the starboard side.  They were there at least 45 minutes.

Phil gave a good talk on geishas emphasizing their entertainment role as 'ladies of the evening' and not 'ladies of the night'.  The evening's entertainment was a harmonica playing married couple from Malaysia called Aiden & Evelyn.  They were really good although their volume was way too high.  Several people walked out of the performance.

After the performance a passenger approached me to discuss the portable SIM card (GlocalMe) that he had learned I was using for my WIFI access.  I guess word is getting around about the device.

Since we have a busy day tomorrow, we chose to retire early.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment