Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Day 30 - Wednesday - 4/26/17 - At Sea to Aomori

Oh the beauty of lazy sea days.  I led the interdenominational devotional time as a volunteer leader and will do the same for the remainder of the sea days plus the Sunday interdenominational service since there is no Protestant chaplain on board.  While I'm not ordained, I'm a very involved lay person in my home church.

Cruise Critic held its final meet and greet in the Explorer's Lounge and I was able to meet a few new people.  But I missed the first Japanese cultural lecture by Terry Greenberg, a former Canadian diplomat in Asia.  He also later in the day gave a 2,000 year history of Japan which was quite good.  I'm looking forward to more of his presentations. Jeremy and Maya, Shore Excursions Manager, also presented sessions on the upcoming ports of call.

As I sat down in the Crow's Nest for a session of reading, suddenly there were a number of fish that just broke the surface in front of the ship for about five minutes.   Another guest commented that they were likely tuna, but I didn't know what they were.

Although it was Gala night, there wasn't enough on the menu to entice us to dress up.  So our granddaughter joined us for dinner in the Lido.  We skipped the Captain's toast to watch the early showing of 'Eagle Huntress' a documentary about a 13 year old Kazakh girl who becomes the first female in her family to become an hunter using a golden eagle.  It was really good!  We then watched the cast performance of Atlantic Crossing for the 3rd time.

Tomorrow is Aomori which is the 3rd to the last Japanese port call on this trip.  Stay tuned and while the destination is important, remember to savor the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment